Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
- Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery life before beginning the procedure.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG VOLT
To root the LG Volt, follow the steps below:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ on your device. This can be found in ‘Settings’, then ‘Security’.
- Open the Towelroot  website on your device’s browser, then select the large icon to begin the download.
- Launch File Manager and navigate to your newly downloaded file. Open it to begin the installation process.
- Launch the newly installed app from your App Drawer.
- Select ‘make it ra1n’ to begin the rooting process.
- Reboot your device.
- Download SuperSU  from the Google Play Store.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the LG Volt, you can download Root Checker  from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your newly rooted LG Volt!
[via The Unlockr ]