Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
- Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
- This procedure will only work with Windows PCs.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery life before beginning the procedure.
- Download ‘Root Genius ‘ and save it on your PC’s desktop.
- Enable ‘USB Debugging’ on your device. First, enable ‘Developer options’ by heading to Settings then About Phone. Tap on the device’s build number several times. You’ll then find the option in Settings, Developer options then USB debugging.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY MEGA 5.8
To root the Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8, follow the steps below:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ on your device. This can be found in Settings, Security, then Device Administration.
- Head over to towelroot.com  on your device’s browser.
- Download and install the towelroot app.
- Launch the towelroot app via your apps menu.
- Select the “Make it ra1n” button to begin the rooting process.
- Verify that the process was successful by looking for the “SuperSu” app in your apps menu.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!