Just imagine the horrible things that could happen if ever your phone gets stolen. Aside from the fact that it contains a lot of sensitive and private data, there’s also a possibility for your bank account and credit card credentials to get stolen.
However, this doesn’t imply that you can’t do anything to protect your device. As a matter of fact, there are a wide range of anti-theft alarms out there that you can use to secure your phone or tablet.
If you’re using Android, then you can follow the steps listed below.
How to set up an anti-theft alarm in Android
- On your Android device, go to Play Store.
- On Play Store, find the app called “Anti Theft Alarm – Security” by Jorli Apps.
- Download  and install the said app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Once installed, launch the app from your home screen or app drawer.
- On the app’s main interface, you can see an alarm switch that is similar to the ones being used for vehicles.
- Just press the lock icon to turn on your alarm. Once enabled, the red light on the virtual switch will blink so you will know if it’s really working.
- To configure the app, just tap gear icon on the top-right corner of its main screen. By doing so, you can set your preferred unlock password, activation delay, sensitivity, alarm sound, etc.
- After configuring the app, you can now go back to your home screen.
So that’s it. Every time someone tries to unplug your app from its charger, the app will make this annoying alarm sound that is similar to the alarm sound that you hear in vehicles. That’s not all. It will also secretly take a snapshot of the person who is trying to take your phone or tablet. If you want, you can also configure the app to make a sound whenever someone tries to take your phone or tablet away even while on standby mode.