Most of you are probably looking forward to spending time with your family and friends this Christmas and New Year. While waiting, you can’t really help but get busy with other things such as planning your holiday events and gift shopping. Speaking of which, one of the best ways to keep track of your upcoming events is to make use of countdown widgets.
If you’re using Android, you can also opt to place these event widgets on your home screen.
How to add a countdown widget to your Android home screen
- On your Android smartphone or tablet, go to Play Store then download  and install an app called “Countdown Widget”.
- After installing the app, go to your device home screen and long-press on any empty area.
- You will then see a “Set home screen” dialog. In the dialog, select “Widgets” and then find the Countdown Widget from the list.
- Hold and drag the widget to your home screen.
- A new screen will appear and it will ask you to configure your widget. Set the date for your countdown and do not forget to add the name or title of the event. You can also change the ring colors if you want.
- That’s it. The widget will be automatically placed on your home screen. You can just drag it to any portion of your home screen for better viewing.
With the Countdown Widget for Android, you get colorful event countdown widgets in the style of rings. You can also resize each widget according to your liking.
Once the day of the event has come, you no longer need to check your calendar as it can already be seen on your phone or tablet home screen.
As for those who are looking for other countdown widget styles and alternatives, you can also try the “Countdown Plus Widgets Lite ” app.