The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is available from many of the big name phone carrier networks in the United States. The following presents the step-by-step guide on how you can root the Sprint variant. The model number is SM-N915P. You can verify what number yours says by looking at the Settings followed by About Device. If it reads one of the number numbers it means you are not on the Sprint networks; thus you must search for a different guide.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Apart from the model numbers there is one other mistake you can make: trying a root package that’s for the wrong firmware version. The guide works for the Galaxy Note Edge running Android 4.4.X KitKat. Do not try to apply the steps if for some reason you have downgraded the operating system to KitKat or Jelly Bean. Furthermore, since Android Lollipop is not rolling out for the Edge yet, we cannot confirm it works with Lollipop. We know Google often come with security patches which sometimes patch up the vulnerabilities in future software update. That means you might need a new file to root when Lollipop comes out.
Before We Begin
- Make sure you backup the data. use third-party apps from Google Play or the built-in backup feature that comes with the phone.
- Check there is enough battery power so that the phone doesn’t turn off until the flashing is over.
- Download the latest USB drivers for the Edge from the Samsung website.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu.
- Know that following the guide does void any warranty that’s remaining on your device.
How to root the Note Edge [Sprint]
- Download the Odin 3.09 here .
- Download the CF-Auto-Root pack from here .
- Extract the files to the desktop.
- Run the Odin program on the desktop.
- Boot the Note Edge in download mode.
- Connect the phone to the computer with the USb cable.
- Click the AP button and upload the rooting file from the extracted CF-Auto-Root-tbltespr-tbltespr-smn915p.zip contents.
- Click the start button and do not touch any buttons until the flashing completes.