If you don’t know about the Sammy A7 smartphone yet, now is a good time to learn. It’s the best option out of the newly released A-series, and now it too has a known rooting method that let’s you open up the ports and unlock the internal hardware so you can get more out of it. Learn everything you need to know about getting that done on the A700H model after the jump.
Navigate to the Settings > About Device > Check the model number matches up with the same one we are using in the guide (SM-A700H). That’s important because the file below cannot be flashed on any other number or else it can brick the handset.
You want to be running Android 4.4.4 KitKat since that’s the current software we know this works for. Future updates such as the Android 5.0 Lollipop could eventually be patched by Google. We suggest you search our site for a new guide when you need that.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You must have a Windows PC or else you cannot use the Odin flashing tool.
- You recommend you download the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones from our link here. Restart the computer so they are working after you download them to the computer.
- Applying the guide below does void the warranty. Since it’s a relatively new device, there likely is still a warranty if you paid for it. You can get the warranty working again by unrooting the handset later.
- Great, there just one thing left to do: navigate to the Settings > Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging mode. Now you can easily connect to the computer.
- Some of you will have the Developer Options hidden. You must go to Settings > About Device > tap the build number seven times and unlock the menu. Now it’s available from the Settings when you go back.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY A7 SM-A700H RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.4 KITKAT
- Download the CF-Rooting tool for the A700H model number here .
– download to the desktop of the PC.
- Download the Odin tool for flashing here .
– download to the desktop once again.
- Extract the Odin package and click the executable file so it’s running on the display. leave it there because we’ll come back to it in a minute.
- The hardest part is booting your device to Download Mode. To do that, start with the A7 completely powered down. Boot it up pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home buttons at the same time.
- Now you should be in Download Mode. You might need to press the Power button again if you see a warning triangle.
- Connect the A700H to the computer via USB cable.
- Click the PDA button inside Odin and search for the rooting file from the other extracted file on the desktop.
- Check the re-partition box is empty.
- Click the Start button and wait until you see the device reboot and the message on the screen says pass.
That’s it! You’re all done gaining root access and breaking away from the OEM restrictions on your Sammy A7 smartphone.