Cross-stitch is a widely known type of embroidery where you get to form a picture by making a pattern of X-shaped stitches. In cross-stitch, you will need a guide pattern. You can buy patterns at your local fabric and crafts shop. You can also download free patterns online.
Speaking of which, you can also create beautiful cross-stitch patterns out of a photo or image. You can read the steps below if you want to learn how it’s done.
How to create a cross stitch pattern out of an image online
- Open your web browser and then click here  to go to StitchBoard’s free pattern wizard.
- Once you’re there, you can see the numbered guides so you won’t feel lost throughout the image to pattern conversion process.
- So what’s next? Just click “Choose File” in the first section to upload your photo or image. Remember, your image must be GIF or JPG format and it shouldn’t exceed the file size limit of 1MB.
- Moving on, select “Cross Stitch” in the Stitching Category section. Select “Standard” as your stitch type.
- Under the “Select Color Palette” section, you may select your desired color palette. You can set it to DMC, Anchor or Madeira.
- After which, you will also be asked to enter your desired number of stitches across. If you’re not logged in, you are only allowed to select up to 100 stitches across.
- Of course, do not forget to select your desired output format, image enhancements and other important options.
- Review your cross-stitch pattern preferences.
- Once you’re all set, click the “Let’s See My Pattern!” button at the bottom part of the form.
- So that’s it! You can immediately see your newly generated cross-stitch pattern on the next page. Plus, you get to see a guide for the threads that you need to buy or use. You can also choose to download your pattern as a GIF image or print it directly from your web browser.
It’s really that simple!