The Samsung Galaxy S6 is the brand new flagship from the South Korean tech giant, and already it’s finding a new Android 5.02 Lollipop update. If you have installed the latest software update (over the air or manually) you can now root that 5.0.2 software by following the guide below. Check everything you need after the jump.
- The guide is intended for use with 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware only. We do not know if this guide will work for future updates.
- Likewise, it’s only intended for the S6 smartphone and no other. Most files are only made with one phone in mind so you can’t flash files on just any device.
- Pick a file below for your model number. The Galaxy S6 comes in thirteen different model numbers. if you do not see your model number, you must wait until it appears. Don’t flash a different model number on your device.
- How do I check my S6 model number? Settings > About Device and look at it there, or on the back of the box packaging.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Download each of the following files to the Windows PC:
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones from our link here.
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for SM-G920F 
- Download the CF-Auto-Root for SM-G920T 
- Download Odin 3.09 .
Extract the files on the desktop. You’ll need to reboot the PC or the new drivers to work.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 IN ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP FIRMWARE
- Start with your computer turned on and your phone turned off.
- Boot the S5 to Download Mode: hold the Volume Down + Power + Home keys down for a few seconds and release when the screen changes.
- Now you see a screen with a yellow warning triangle at the bottom. press the Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode.
- Run the Odin tool so it’s waiting and open.
- Connect the S6 with the computer via the USB cable it comes with.
- Click the AP button in Odin and upload the CF-Auto-root file.
- Click the start button in Odin.
Now wait for the pass message and the S6 to reboot before unplugging from the computer.