Feed aggregators usually function in a way that they combine feeds from different sources and show them all in just one place or platform. The thing is feed aggregators only works on feeds and not really on social media notifications. So if you want something similar but mainly focused on your Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Gmail, Github, Quora, Foursquare and Google Plus notifications, then you can refer to this post.
How to combine notifications from Facebook, Twitter and Reddit in Chrome
- First, you will need to download  and install “Chime”. It’s a simple yet, very powerful extension for Chrome that aggregates your notifications from different social media sites. This includes Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Gmail, Github, Quora, Foursquare, Stackoverflow and Google Plus.
- So after installing Chime, it will ask you to check the social media sites that you want to aggregate and link to the said extension.
- Just check the sites that you want and then click “Continue” to confirm.
- After which, the Chime extension will automatically combine all of your social media notifications and then show it on top of any page or site that you are viewing. Just look for the Chime icon on the omnibar (near the bookmarks and menu icons). Just don’t forget that the number that’s being shown on the Chime icon is the total number of your unread notifications.
- So to check your unread notifications, just click on the icon and you’re done. If you want to clear all of the notifications that you see on the list, just click “Clear All”. You can also click the “Do not disturb” icon to temporarily turn off your notification alerts in Chrome.
So that’s it. You may continue using your favorite social media sites like usual.