The OnePlus One smartphone is finding a new over the air update to build number YNG1TAS17L; it’s a new version of Lollipop. Well, you probably already know that CyanogenMod comes pre-installed and that’s influenced people to learn more about root access and other operations that don’t come stock for OEMs. Most of those people will be happy to know that they can update to the new Lollipop firmware without losing root access. usually flashing a stock Android build would revoke root access most of the time. Here’s how to do that:
FILES YOU NEED
- Download the YNG1TAS17L Update  ROM.
- Download the Radio file  zip.
- Download the TWRP Recovery  file from OnePlus.
HOW TO UPDATE THE ONEPLUS ONE TO CM12S LOLLIPOP AND KEEP THE ROOT ACCESS
- Boot the OnePlus to recovery Mode.
- Completely power down the OnePlus by holding down the Power button for 5+ seconds.
- Now reboot the same phone to the TWRP recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together and not releasing them until the screen shows you are now at the recovery screen.
- Go to the main recovery main once inside and select the “install’ option.
- Now upload the the ROM and radio files one by one and waiting until both are flashed. You must wait until one completes flashing before starting the other.
- head back to the main recovery menu where you should now choose to reboot the system and your smartphone will reboot. “
- navigate to the Settings on the OnePlus and tap the build number seven times on the About Device menu to enable the Developer Options menu.
- Go back to the Settings menu and enter the Developer Options menu you just enabled.
- Inside you want to check the box that says “root access” to grant yourself the rooting permissions.
- You might also need to open the SuperSU app and check the ‘respect CM root’ option.