Installing a custom recovery on Android allows people to install a ROM from the SD card, install multiple files at once, take a NANDroid backup of the current ROM so you don’t lose any data, take a factory reset, wipe data and more. While there are many great ways to install custom recoveries, including using the ROM Manager from the Google Play Store, the best is to execute a simple One-Click recovery installer from a computer. Here’s how to do that:
Micromax is a popular smartphone brand over in India. As such, they have many different model numbers, all of which would require a separate guide. As you can see by the title, this guide is only made to work for the A121 variant and the files should not be flashed on any other.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Micromax USB drivers and install them on the Windows computer. You are connecting to that computer during the guide and having the up-to-date USB drivers is essential for the guide to work. If you encounter any errors during the steps, please reboot the PC after installing the drivers and start the guide again.
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu that gives you access to new developer tools. Tap the Settings > About Device and then tap your finger over the build number 7 or 8 times. Doing so will present a message on the display that tells us that the Developer Options is now unlocked.
- To access the Developer Options list, click the Settings and you’ll see it there. From inside, please check the box for USB Debugging Mode. You must have that mode enabled or else you cannot connect the smartphone with the computer.
HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY ON MICROMAX A121
- Download the One-Click recovery installer from here .
- Download WinRAR or any other tool that will let your extract and unzip files if you haven’t got anything already.
- Place the recovery installer file on the desktop.
- Right-click over the file with the mouse and select the “extract here” option.
- Now you’ll see the files inside. There should be around 7 or 8 files inside. One of those files is labelled the “one-click-recovery-installer.bat.”
- Connect the Micromax smartphone to the same Windows PC as the files.
- Click the aforementioned recovery bat file and the program will start running on the computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the custom recovery image on your Micromax smartphone.