If you are a seasoned jailbreaker and already have the iOS 8.3 software update jailbroken, you might know that TaiG only released their tool for Windows operating system so far. That didn’t stop some clever people working out a way to jailbreak Mac OS using TaiG the first time and it won’t stop us from doing it again. In case you missed out on how it’s done, here’s how you can jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG on Mac with the help from a Virtual Machine.
- You can use this guide on the iPhone 4S and up. That includes the iPhone 5, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. The iPhone 6S coming later in the year will come with iOS 9 and that likely won’t work for this guide.
- You can use it on iPad’s too, including the iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 1, Mini 2 and Mini 3, iPad 2, iPad 3 and the iPad 4.
- You can use this on the iPad touch 5th generation.
HOW TO JAILBREAK IOS 8.4 ON MAC OS X USING THE NEW TAIG V2.2
- Download the 14-day trial version of the Virtual Machine here .
– you’ll get the Windows 10 Insider Preview support for free for a limited time. You only need it for today and installing the jailbreak so that’s fine. It’s not required to unjailbreak your device.
- Installing the VM of Windows 10 and run the program after it’s finished.
- The first screen shows a few button.s Look to the bottom left side of the screen and click the “Windows 10 preview” box with the blue Windows symbol.
- Install iTunes on the Windows 10 Preview by visiting this page: apple.com/itunes
- You must install iTunes on the VM and not on your normal operating system.
- Now that you have iTunes, you can follow the standard guide for jailbreaking with TaiG on Windows .