iTunes 12.2.1 is now available to install on Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X operating systems. It comes on the same day Apple released iOS 8.4.1 Beta 1 seeded to developers. Only people with a paid and registered developer account can get the iOS software release; anyone can download the latest iTunes version today.
The latest version of iTunes, namely 12.2.1, comes with bug fixes for the recent Apple Music release which caught so much attention. Furthermore, it comes with fixes for iTunes Match amidst reports of incorrect matches. Additionally, many people found their iTunes library in its entirety deleted through no fault of their own. If you were one of the people suffering from any of those problems — or just want to make sure you don’t get caught up in it — you can download the latest iTunes 12.2.1 to fix those bugs.
According to the fruit company, users can also expect a great music streaming service with the Beats 1 online radio station. Here’s the official changelog posted by Apple:
This update addresses the following problems when using iTunes Match or Apple Music:
– Fixes an issue for iTunes Match users where iTunes incorrectly changed some songs from Match to Apple Music.
– Provides a way to correct a library problem affecting former iTunes Match subscribers.
– Includes minor bug fixes and improvements for Beats 1.
Millions of people out there love to jailbreak Apple software and break away from those annoying restrictions that lock down our devices. If you are wondering if it’s safe to jailbreak with the latest iTunes version, you’ll need to keep up to date with the social media accounts of the developers, as they haven’t released any information regarding the concerns just yet. Moreover, all eyes will be on the latest iOS software release, which should be coming with a patch for the iOS 8.4 jailbreak exploit.
- Download iTunes 12.2.1 by starting up your Mac and heading to the Mac App Store from the ‘Updates’ menu.
- Turn on your Windows computer and head to the Software Updates application and you’ll find the latest version available.
Those without any version of iTunes on their machines can head to apple.com/itunes and download it right away.