Recognized Developer thecubed has teamed up with compadre autoprime to produce the best rooting tool we’ve seen brought out of the LG G4 smartphone, and the only rooting method we’ve seen for the AT&T variant with model number H810 so far.
- Try this guide on the AT&T variant of the G4 only. It comes with the model number H810.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the LG USB drivers  on your Windows computer. You might need to reboot the computer to get those drivers working.
- Download the ADB and fastboot  drivers on your computer to help eliminate most driver concerns.
- Download the rooting package  you need for AT&T handsets.
- Download the Send_Commands tool here .
HOW TO ROOT THE AT&T LG G4 RUNNING ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Extract the Send Commands file and the rooting file on the computer. You are wanting to keep the Send_Command.exe file and the ports.bat file.
- Extract the rooting package to the computer.
- Transfer the system.rooted.img file from the rooting package to the root of the SD card and not in any sub folder.
- Connect the LG G4 to the computer where you have the files.
- Open the folder where you can see the Send_Command.exe file and right-click the mouse while holding down the Shift key to reveal a new menu on the screen.
- Choose to open the command prompt window from the list.
- Completely power off the G4 and reboot it to Download Mode. Hold the Volume Up button and connect it to the computer for that.
- Your G4 screen should come on now and you are in the Download Mode.
- Double click the ports.bat file and locate your COM port number the G4 is connected to on the computer. Keep this number in your memory.
- Type the command “Send_Command.exe \\.\COM1”. If your COM number is 1. Substitute the number 1 for your number if yours is different. Press enter to confirm the command.
- Type “id” and you should see a string similar to this: ‘uid=(0)root gid=(0)root’.
– if you don’t get a ping back with that strong, you want to redo every command until it works. Failing to do that can result in a bricked device.
- Type this command now: “dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.h81010g.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0” and press enter to confirm it.
- Your device is now being rooted.
- Type the last command of “LEAVE” and your device should reboot for you. You are now free to install of those root-only apps you have been waiting for.