The Samsung Galaxy Express with model number I8730 can now be rooted with the trusty Framaroot application in just a few steps. Rooting your Samsung Galaxy is the gateway to removing bloatware, installing better apps from Google Play to boost the performance and installing custom ROMs. It only takes a few minutes to get it done for the Express handset, so check it out below:
- The Galaxy Express comes with a few different model numbers. You can only follow this guide on the GT-I8730 handset. Check that number from the About Device menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We recommend installing the Samsung USB Drivers  for mobile phones from our link.
- Enable the Unknown Sources option from the Settings > Security > Unknown Sources on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging. Those without Developer Options must go to Settings > About Device > tap the build number 7 times.
- You are voiding the warranty by following the guide below for gaining root access. Getting a warranty working again can vary between devices.
HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY EXPRESS GT-I8730
1. Download the Framaroot app from here  direct to your device.
2. Tap the Framaroot app icon from the app menu.
3. Tap the Gandulf option from the first Framaroot menu.
4. Wait until you see the exploit result and click ‘OK’.
Restart the smartphone to have the root access working. You should now have the SuperSU and SU binary installed and ready for a custom recovery if you wish to flash a custom ROM.
Not enjoying your experience after completing the guide? You can always unroot the Galaxy Express .