Did you know that you can actually customize Reddit in certain ways? Like, for example, you can enable or disable certain elements from its default UI. You can even switch its UI from default light view to “Night Mode”. Just imagine how cool this would be especially if you’re an avid Reddit user.
Speaking of which, switching your Reddit UI from light view to night mode is quite easy. You just need to read and follow the instructions listed in this guide. Just note that this method will only work if you’re viewing Reddit in Chrome.
How to enable Night Mode for Reddit in Chrome
- Open your Chrome web browser.
- Next, go to the download page  for “Reddit Enhancement Suite” at the Chrome Web Store. Once you’re on the said page, click the blue “Add to Chrome” button and the extension will be immediately installed on your browser.
- Once installed, simply go to the Reddit homepage (reddit.com).
- Once you’re on Reddit, you can notice subtle changes on its user interface. The Reddit Enhancement Suite icon will also appear on your Chrome address bar every time you’re on a Reddit page.
- Since you want to switch the UI to night mode, simply click the settings or gear icon at the top-right portion of Reddit’s interface. It’s located right above the search bar.
- On the menu that appears, go to “Night Mode” and toggle the switch from “Off” to “On”.
- That’s it. Once switched on, the Reddit user interface will instantly switch to night mode. The background color of the site will turn dark while most of the text will turn white.
- Now, if you wish to return to the default UI style, just turn “Night Mode” off. It’s that simple.