These are the guidelines to root Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. The guide is different from most Samsung devices, but we can assure you that it has been tested and does work. Once you have root access on the said device, you can install any apps from the Google Play Store that want permission to your root file system in order for them to work. You’ll find that list includes many of the best apps out there which can help you increase the device performance, better the battery life and more. A popular choice for most Samsung devices is finding apps to help you remove the bloatware that Samsung is so famous for including in their mobile devices.
- You can only follow this guide using the Galaxy Core 2 Duos that comes with the model number SM-G355H. Furthermore, your device should be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. That’s the latest and current software update for the smartphone. You may check both facts about your device by heading to the ‘About Device’ menu.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You are voiding the warranty by following this guide and granting access to the root file system of Android. That’s an area that your manufacturer typically doesn’t want you entering for various reasons. It’s also the reason why they don’t cover your device under warranty once you do have access to that same root file system.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY CORE 2 DUOS SM-G355H
- Download the Kinguser APK from the link in this post .
- Download the Kinguser directly to the desktop of your computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 smartphone to the computer and transfer that Kinguser APK over to the external storage SD card.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer.
- Long-press the Power button and get the device to completely switch off. Alternatively, you can quickly press the Power button and then select the ‘Switch off’ option from the display.
- Now reboot the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos to recovery mode. Do that by pressing the Home + Power + Volume Up buttons and wait until the device gets in recovery mode.
- Now navigate to the “apply update from external storage” option found in the list of recovery mode options.
- Browse the external SD card for the Kinguser app and confirm you want to install it on your handset.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and choose the “reboot system now” option.
- Once you reboot, your smartphone will have the root access allowing you to install root-only apps from the Google Play Store.
- You can check that the steps worked for your device by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.
- Those of you wanting to take things a step further and install a custom recovery can do so by following the guide below. Once you have a custom recovery, you can install any custom ROMs you can find available for your device.
Now that you have successfully learnt how to root Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos SM-G355H, you might be interested in learning how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Core 2 Duos .