These are the instructions to unroot Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi SM-T800. The same guide will help if you have bricked your device. Once you finish the guide, you will have installed the same software and firmware that came on your device when you first opened it out of the box. Likewise, that means no more root access to the root file system. Your device will be more secure and not as vulnerable to malware. However, you no longer have the upside of installing the apps from the Google Play Store that required access to the root file system to work.
- The following steps are made to unroot Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi SM-T800. They are not made to unroot any other device. Do not flash the firmware file you find in this guide on a different device or else you risk bricking the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from this page here . You will find the link if you scroll down the page.
- Some of you will find that the USB Debugging Mode is already enabled. Nevertheless, you cannot go far without it enabled, so double-check that before starting. You can do that by heading to the Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Unrooting Android devices usually restores the warranty. However, some Samsung smartphones and tablets come with added Knox security. These additional security measures don’t allow for a warranty to be restored when you unroot the device. You’ll need to check if your device is a device that does come with Knox security.
HOW TO UNROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 10.5 WIFI SM-T800
- Download the firmware file you need from this page .
– you’ll need to create a Sam Mobile account before you can access the file.
- Download the Odin flashing tool you will use to flash that firmware on your device from this page .
- Extract the Odin tool on the desktop. Do that by moving the file to the desktop to start with, and then right-click over that file and select the ‘extract here’ option.
- Now that you can see the Odin executable file, double-click over it and the flashing tool will open on your computer.
- Right-click over the firmware file and choose the same ‘extract here’ option to get that firmware file on the desktop.
- Hold down the Power key for some seconds so that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 device is completely off.
- Reboot the Samsung Tab S 10.5 in download mode .
- Connect the device to the computer where you have Odin and the firmware.
- Click the PDA/AP button in Odin and browse the desktop for that firmware file.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that firmware on your device.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi tablet is now unrooted. You are running the stock firmware on the device and can accept future over the air software updates. You can no longer install any of those apps that require root access from the Google Play Store. You can at anytime choose to root the same device again in future.