You may have heard of it before: the Greenify app is one of the best apps for a rooted Android, and in particular, when you root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T smartphones running Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. To get the Greenify apps and heaps of other apps just like it that will transform your device, just follow the guide below.
- You must be on Android 4.4.4 KitKat and firmware build number KTU84P.N910TUVU1ANIH for this guide to work. You can flash that firmware manually using Odin and then root the device using this guide.
- The following guide is made for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with the model number SM-N910T only. You can check the model number of your device by heading over to the Menu > Settings > About Device and looking for the SM-N910T model number. Those with a different model number will brick the device by following this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  from our USB Drivers page. The one link will work for all Samsung devices. Just download the driver file directly to your computer and run the file. You must do this before starting the guide.
- You must have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 bootloader unlocked before you can follow this guide. We do not teach you how to unlock the Galaxy Note 4 bootloader during these steps. However, you should find that guide online or at least from the Chainfire website.
- You are voiding the Samsung warranty by following this guide. That warranty it permanently gone if your device comes with Samsung’s Knox security. Since this is a recent Samsung flagship device, it will have Knox security. That doesn’t mean you cannot get your device fixed, though. It just means Samsung won’t fix it for free.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 4 SM-N910T ON ANDROID 5.0.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the CF-Auto-Root tool from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract the files on the desktop of your computer by right-clicking on top of the files and selecting the extract here option.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 in download mode.
- Connect the device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to light up yellow or blue.
- Click the AP or PDA button you will see from the Odin user-interface.
- Browse the desktop for the extracted CF-Auto-Root tool you placed there earlier.
- Leave the default settings in the Odin tool the way they are. That’s the way you get the Odin tool after opening it for the first time. if you forget what that is, you might need to download a new Odin version.
- Click the Start button and the flashing will begin.
- Look out for a pass message from the message box located in the Odin user-interface.
- Wait for your device to reboot after it gives you the pass message.
- Take control of your Google account once again and disconnect from the computer.
- You are now ready to start installing the rooted apps from the Google Play Store and other third-arty sources. If you are installing APKs from developers websites, make sure it is the real site and not a fake site with malware.