Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 device is reserved for advanced Android users only since you will have full access to the root file system. We do not sacrifice as much security as people think with root access thanks to the advancements like SuperSU which blocks malware automatically unless we give it permission. Something that definitely is not safe, however, is you having the ability to delete your important files.
Without root access to the root file system on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, you are not able to do much damage since all the important parts are locked away on purpose by Google. With root access those important files can potentially be deleted. That’s why we say rooting is for advanced Android users. As long as you backup the device, you can always restore any files you might delete, so it’s not that big of a deal if you did backup the data.
Furthermore, those of you who know what you are doing with your root file system might like to make important changes to that same file system. You can do that with the Root Browser application available from the Google Play Store.
- This guide is specifically intended for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 that comes with the model number SM-T810. Do not flash this rooting exploit on a different model number or you will brick the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from our USB Drivers page  directly to your computer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Tab S2 by heading to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You do void the warranty agreements you had with Samsung when you follow this guide.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S2 SM-T810 ON ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP
- Download the rooting exploit from this link .
- Download the latest Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Once you have them on the desktop of your Windows PC, right-click and choose the ‘extract here’ option.
- Double-click the Odin executable file.
- Wait for the Odin flashing tool user-interface to open on your desktop.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to download mode by pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power button combination after you have the device off first.
- Connect the Galaxy Tab S2 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP (or PDA) button and upload the rooting exploit file from the desktop you extracted earlier.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will take over and flash that rooting exploit on your device to grant the root access.
- After some minutes you should get a pass message in the box from the Odin user-interface on the computer and the S2 tablet will reboot automatically. if your device does not reboot by itself, you must do that manually by hand.
- Now once your device is rebooted, head to the Google Play Store to start installing your rooted applications.
You might wish to start by installing the Root Browser  app we were telling you about earlier.