- You must have the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone with the model number SM-E500F before you can use this guide. You may check your E5’s model number by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Model Number.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers  on your computer before you start the steps to update the Galaxy S5 smartphone. That way you know all drivers are working and nothing can go wrong.
- Those who do have trouble should look at the drivers as it’s the number one problem when the flashing does not work. You can usually identify if the drivers are working by observing the green ID: COM port from the Odin user-interface.
- Updating the Samsung E5 smartphone is an official process and does not void the warranty on your device. Moreover, those of you who did void the warranty by rooting previously should find that warranty now working again after completing this guide.
- You will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode from the menu by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Sometimes people need to unlock the hidden Developer Options before they can enable the USB Debugging Mode. Do that by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number seven times and it will tell you that you are using the Samsung Galaxy E5 device as a developer.
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY E5 SM-E500F TO ANDROID 5.1.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the Android 5.1.1 LMY47X.E500FXXU1BOJ1 firmware for Uzbekistan , Kazakhstan  or the United Arab Emirates .
- Download the Odin 3.09 flashing tool from this link .
- Extract both the Odin and the Android 5.1.1 update on the desktop of the computer by right-clicking over the file and choosing the “extract here” option when it is on the desktop. You can click and drag the files from the downloads folder over to the desktop.
- Double-click the mouse or track-pad on the Odin executable file and it will open on the desktop.
- Press the Power key once and turn off the device from the Device Options menu.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy E5 up in the download mode .
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy E5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you would normally use to charge the battery.
- Wait for the ID: COM port to change to a green color.
- Click the PDA/AP button and upload the SM-E500F rooting tar file from the desktop — you extracted it earlier.
- Do not make any changes to the default settings from the Odin user-interface.
- Click the Start button and the Odin flashing tool will now flash that Android 5.1.1 update on your device.
- Wait until the Odin app on the computer gives you the pass message and your E5 device reboots before you start using your device.
You are now running the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the build number LMY47X.E500FXXU1BOJ1 on your Samsung Galaxy E5 device.