Rooting the Oppo R7 Lite smartphone will introduce you to a new world of customizing the device with the potential for installing custom kernels, custom ROMs and apps that require root access to run like the Titanium Backup app. Many people root their Android for the sole purpose of a better backing up solution alone and we don’t blame them. The way the Android operating system works, it makes it very difficult to back up all data easily and rooting the device fixes most of that.
Anyone who wants to taking backing up to another level beyond the Titanium Backup app and take a full backup should look to install a custom recovery on the device; we have the guide for that below. The TWRP custom recovery is available for all Oppo R7 Lite device owners to install and it can help you upload your custom kernels and custom ROMs, as well as take complete backups with the NANDroid backup features. Additionally, a custom recovery gives you the same functionality as the stock recovery, which means you can effectively recover your devices just the same as you would from a stock recovery too.
These are the guidelines to root Oppo R7 Lite smartphones running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop update.
- You should use this guide with the Oppo R7 Lite smartphone only; any other device will probably get bricked if you are using these files.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Unlock the Developer Options menu on your Oppo R7 smartphone if it is hidden by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on the Oppo R7 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT OPPO R7 LITE RUNNING ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP
- Download the Oppo Tools APK directly from your web browser that you are using now from this link .
- Drag the Oppo Tools APK from the default Downloads folder on your Windows PC over to the desktop and leave it there still zipped.
- Connect the Oppo R7 Lite smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you would normally use to charge the battery.
- Copy the Oppo Tools APK over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your Oppo R7 Lite from the computer and the USB cable.
- Launch the File manager on your R7 Lite smartphone and install the APK file like you would any other APK file.
- Navigate over to your R7’s app drawer and tap to open the Oppo Tools app.
- Tap on the button that suggests rooting your R7 Lite handset and wait until the app takes over and issues the administrator permissions so you can start tweaking your smartphone.
- Close the application and reboot the Oppo R7 Lite smartphone when it’s done. You should have no worries opening the Google Play Store and installing your apps that require root access to run like the Titanium Backup application we mentioned earlier.
In conclusion, that’s how to root the Oppo R7 Lite smartphone using the Oppo Tools app and your smartphone. Feel free to check out how to install TWRP Recovery on the Oppo R7 Lite  smartphone and complete your guides for customizing the handset.
Others might be interested in learning what it takes to unroot the Oppo R7 Lite smartphone  before they get stuck into the rooting guide, just in case you think it might be something you would find difficult.