- You must have a custom recovery installed on the Intex Aqua Y2  smartphone before you use this guide.
- You must have the Intex Aqua Y2 to follow this guide. Further. we only recommend following this guide running Android 4.4.2 KitKat and finding a new guide if your device is updated to Android 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 KitKat in the future.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the updated SuperSU by Chainfire for the Intex Aqua Y2 from this link .
- Download the Tools and Drivers package from this link . (You do not need to install it a second time if you came here from the custom recovery guide).
HOW TO ROOT INTEX AQUA Y2 RUNNING ANDROID 4.4.2
- Download the SuperSU zip file directly to the computer and have it waiting on the desktop.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode on your Intex Aqua Y2 device by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- You may need to unlock the Developer Options menu if you cannot see it from the Settings by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- Connect the Intex Aqua Y2 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double click on the “RUN2.bat” from the ” Tools And Drivers/adb/” path.
- Your Intex device will reboot up in the custom recovery mode you installed earlier.
- Choose the ‘Install’ option from the main recovery menu and browse the SD card for the SuperSU zip file.
- Wait for the SuperSU to be flashed on your device and then hit the ‘Reboot System’ from the main recovery menu.
The Intex Aqua Y2 will reboot in normal mode and it will be rooted. You can open your Google Play Store application and install the root checker application if you want some way to check the guide did work for you. You should find other apps such as the Titanium Backup application are working on your device after you install them.