- The rooting package in this guide is based on the MMB29K.G920FXXU3DPBG firmware which is part of a staged Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow roll out in some regions. You don’t need to be running that firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone to use this guide. You should, however, be using it as an indicator so your firmware is not too old. Some of the Samsung devices refuse to boot old images.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers  for the Galaxy S6 and install them on the computer before you start with the guide. You should extract the files and run the .exe file to get the drivers working. Anyone suffering from a device that is not detected in the Odin flashing tool after running the driver update should try rebooting the computer and giving it another go.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode mode on the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 SM-G920F RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW
- Download the CF-Auto-Root package for the G920F device on 6.0.1 from this link .
- Download the Odin flashing tool from this link .
- Extract the files on the desktop of the computer by by right-clicking the files > extract here.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone in download mode .
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S6 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Click the AP button and browse the desktop for the tar.md5 file to root the S6 device.
- Wait until the Odin flashing tool gives you the pass message.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F should automatically reboot in the recovery mode . Any device that does not automatically get the recovery mode booted needs to get there manually by pressing the hardware key combination for that.
You might be interested in checking out how to install TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S6  so you can have both a rooted S6 and a custom recovery running on the device.
Alternatively, you might be interested in flashing the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow stock ROM  on the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F and unroot the device.