Like you know, the Verizon smartphones are always a royal pain to try to root, and it proved to be no different with the Verizon V10 device. Many of the other V10’s have access to the root file system for many months already. The AT&T version of the V10 has suffered a similar fate as the Big Red’s version, and thankfully can be rooted using the same tool we have here.
- The following guide is made for the Verizon version of the LG V10. The same steps can be used on the AT&T variant of the smartphone, but do not follow this guide using any other device. You risk bricking the device if you flash the files on the wrong device.
- You must unlock the bootloader on the LG V10  before you can root the smartphone.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You will likely want to unlock the Developer Options menu on your device since it’s usually locked after Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. You can do that by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number 7 times.
- You can now enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Settings on your V10 by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
HOW TO ROOT VERIZON LG V10
- Download the system V11B from here .
- Download the LG UP from here .
- Download the files directly to your computer and then install the LG USB drivers.
- Extract the RAR File to the desktop and you will get the .TOT file.
- Unzip the “lgupnew.zip” that you get from the file above.
- Run the “LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi” file by double-clicking over the same.
- Next, run the “LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_1_18.msi” the same way.
- Copy the “common” folder you have to the “C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model” location on your computer.
- Boot the LG V10 in download mode .
- Connect the Verizon LG V10 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Run “LGUP” you should see from your Start menu.
- Select your V10 smartphone from the options if you can see the list there.
- Fill the BIN File section in with the “rootedsystemvs.tot” file you got when you extracted the RAR file earlier in the guide.
Wait for a few minutes and your LG V10 smartphone will be rooted.