A custom ROM always has been and still is one of the most popular reasons to root a smartphone running Android. Moreover, it’s obviously one of the main reasons for installing a custom recovery. As far as custom ROMs go, there are a select few that are usually at the top of everyone’s lists of ones they wish to install, and the Paranoid Android custom ROM is one of them. In this guide, you will learn how to install the Paranoid Android Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM on the Google Nexus 6P smartphone so you can replace that stock ROM with one of the best custom ROMs going around.
- The Paranoid Android custom ROM file found in this guide is specially made to work on the Google Nexus 6P. Do not flash this PA file on any other device or it will likely get bricked.
- You will need to have rooted the Google Nexus 6P smartphone  before you can install any custom ROM that doesn’t automatically give pre-rooted.
- You will need to have a custom recovery installed on the Google Nexus 6P smartphone  before you can upload your custom ROM zip files such as the likes of the work from the Paranoid Android team.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Note that you will need to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Google Gapps package as well as the ROM if you want your Paranoid Android experience to include the Google services you are used to finding in the Android stock ROM that your Google Nexus 6P smartphone may have been running before you started with this guide.
- Also, note that part of flashing a new custom ROM on your smartphone is wiping the data before the flashing. The wiping of the data happens during a factory reset which is always the way to go when flashing new ROMs. You can take the NANDroid option from your custom recovery image during the guide if you have not yet backed up. Alternatively, you can download the Titanium Backup app from the Google Play Store.
HOW TO INSTALL PARANOID ANDROID ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW CUSTOM ROM ON GOOGLE NEXUS 6P
- Download the official Paranoid Android custom ROM for the Nexus 6P  and have the file sitting on the desktop.
- Connect the Google Nexus 6P smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that you would usually use to charge the battery on the device.
- Copy the PA ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card folder and make sure you do not place it in any of the subfolders or else you will not find it later from your custom recovery image.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer and then reboot the Google Nexus 6P into the recovery mode .
- Choose the Backup option from the custom recovery menu and follow the steps to complete your Android backup.
- Tap on the Install button from the recovery menu and follow the steps to install your custom ROM zip file from the SD card.
- Choose to reboot the system from the recovery menu after your Paranoid Android custom ROM file is flashed.
In conclusion, that is how to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Paranoid Android custom ROM on the Google Nexus 6P smartphone by making use of your custom recovery and the official PA zip file that supports this smartphone. Your new ROM will be on display as soon as your smartphone reboots back into the normal mode which is what happens after you reboot the system.