The root user account is always there on Android but there is only one way to access it, and that is by following the right guide to get root access. Once the rooting permissions are granted it is then you who is in charge of what gets installed and uninstalled on the mobile device. Up until that point in time, it is not you who is in control. You are forced into keeping many apps installed on the handset, and they are using up your memory. There are also thousands of apps available from the Google Play Store and websites online that will not run without root access because having the root access is what they need before they can do anything. That same kind of lower-level permissions on the operating system is also what developers need before they can make changes and hence developers always need to have a rooted device.
The following guide demonstrates all you need to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablets with the SM-T705 model number when they are running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software updates by flashing a version of CF-Auto-Root tool.
- You need to have a computer that is capable of booting a Windows operating system to use this guide or else the Odin flashing tool does not work.
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablet that comes with the SM-T705 model number to use this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Chainfire was running on the LRX22G.T705XXU1BOJ8 firmware build number when he developed the version of the CF-Auto-Root tool that is available in this guide. You don’t need that same firmware build number running on your tablet when you follow this guide. You need to have any of the firmware that is available for your model number as long as it is running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- You will need the Samsung USB Drivers  installed on the computer before the Odin flashing tool can detect your device. Install them now if you don’t have them on the computer already.
- The Developer Options menu must be unlocked , and you need to have the USB Debugging Mode enabled  from the Developer Options menu.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB S 8.4 SM-T705 RUNNING ANDROID 5.0.2 LOLLIPOP WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root  tool for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 tablet running on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software updates.
- Open up the default download location on your Windows OS which is the Downloads folder by default and extract the rooting file to the Downloads folder.
- Run the Odin flashing application that is now inside the Downloads folder so that the flashing tool user interface opens.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 tablet into the Download Mode  and then connect it to the computer with the USB cable.
- Check that Odin shows a blue or yellow ID: COM port color and gives an added message from the Log box to let you know that the Samsung USB Drivers are installed.
- Click on the AP button and then navigate through to the Downloads folder and choose the MD5 file to upload to the Odin flashing tool.
- Click on the Start button once you can see that the rooting file extension is showing in the AP area and the rooting of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 tablet begins.
- Keep waiting until you can see a green pass message in the box in Odin.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 SM-T705 tablets running on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop software updates by using Chainfire’s more traditional versions of the CF-Auto-Root tool. You can start installing any of the root apps that you wanted to try as soon as the device reboots back into the normal mode.