Rooting the Elephone Vowney smartphone means being able to gain full control over that operating system that is running on the smartphone. That means it is you who chooses what is installed and uninstalled.
Here is everything you need to root Elephone Vowney smartphones running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop updates software updates.
- You need to install a custom recovery on the Elephone Vowney smartphone before you can follow this guide to rooting the same device. Our guide directs you through to the TWRP Recovery which is the most popular custom recovery at the time of writing this post, but you can use any custom recovery image in the future if you have something else. All custom recoveries come with the required features to complete this guide.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- It is recommended to download the SuperSU directly to the computer first and then transfer it to the device just like we are demonstrating how to do in the guide.
HOW TO ROOT ELEPHONE VOWNEY SMARTPHONES RUNNING ON ANDROID 5.1 LOLLIPOP SOFTWARE UPDATES
- Download the SuperSU by Chainfire  directly on the computer and then open the Downloads folder where all downloads end up by default. (You need to open up the folder that is set to be the default downloads location if you have changed it from the Downloads folder).
- Connect the Elephone Vowney smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to the internal storage SD card folder for the Elephone Vowney that is on the computer when your device is connected.
- Unplug the Elephone Vowney smartphone from the computer once you know that you have it on the SD card for sure.
- Boot the Elephone Vowney smartphone into the Recovery Mode and take the NANDroid Backup from the menu if you have not yet backed up the data.
- Select the Install option from the recovery menu and then follow the guidelines to finding the SuperSU file that you transferred there earlier.
- Swipe the bottom of the display where it says you need to swipe to install for TWRP users. For everyone else who might be using a different custom recovery, follow what it says on the screen to install the SuperSU.
- Once the SuperSU is installed, choose the “Reboot” option from the menu, followed by the “System” option to reboot the system back into the normal mode and out of the recovery partition.
In conclusion, that is how to root Elephone Vowney smartphones running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop software updates by flashing the SuperSU by Chainfire from a custom recovery image—TWRP Recovery to be exact if you followed our guide. The result is SuperSU is installed, and the custom recovery image helped enable it correctly so it can give root access when desired. That means you can install the root apps from the Google Play Store and online that you were hoping to try, and they can run now without having to make any other changes. Just be sure to grant root access to the apps you install when you get the pop-up message on the display from SuperSU after you click to open the apps.