After installing TWRP Recovery on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone, you are then able to become the root user over the Android operating system that is running on it by flashing Chainfire’s SuperSU. Since this is a device running on Android’s 6.0 Marshmallow software updates that version of SuperSU has changed and is now another version of the systemless root that Chainfire offers. The systemless root alternative gets its name because it bypasses the system partition that the old SuperSU used to penetrate—which is the same area of the device that phone carriers and manufacturers installed their apps, hence the name “system apps”.
- You have to install a custom recovery image on the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone  before you can follow this guide and root the device. The reason being that we are using that custom recovery to flash the rooting exploit and without it, the rooting exploit cannot be enabled correctly.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- We recommend that you follow our guide and copy the SuperSU from the computer over to your device’s internal storage SD card and not transfer it directly from the phone.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI P8 LITE RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW UPDATES
- Download the SuperSU by Chainfire  directly to the computer of any operating system.
- Connect the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone to the computer with the USB cable that came with the device and is available for charging the battery.
- Open the Downloads folder on the computer and find your SuperSU file.
- Copy the SuperSU to the P8 Lite’s internal storage SD card folder that is available on the computer since the device is connected.
- Unplug from the computer and then reboot the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua handset into the Recovery Mode by holding down the usual stock Recovery hardware button combination  and this time the custom recovery boots up because you wiped the stock version for a custom one earlier.
- Choose to take an NANDroid Backup of the menu if you haven’t yet backed up—do it by tapping on the “Backup” button available from the menu.
- Head back to the main Recovery menu after that is done and this time, tap on the Install button that is available and the follow the guidelines to select the SuperSU zip file from the storage.
- Swipe on the bottom of the display where it says you need to swipe to confirm the installation if you are using TWRP and proceed to get the SuperSU flashed.
- Choose the Reboot option from the screen once it is flashed and then System to restart the system back into the P8 Lite’s normal mode where you can use your Android operating system again.
In conclusion, that is how to root the Huawei P8 Lite smartphone by flashing the systemless root version of the SuperSU app from a custom recovery image. Now you can open the Google Play Store app or your favorite web browser app and browse for the root applications you wanted to try. Anyone not sure of any might be interested in getting things started with the Titanium Backup app—an app that lets you back up better than any others as well as remove any of the system apps if you wanted to debloat the device and boost the performance.