The SuperSU program that you are about to install in this guide is going to be the thing that grants rooting permissions to the applications that requests it. All you need to do is install the root applications the same way you install regular apps, and then just tap to run.
When you have the SuperSU installed and enabled, you get a message on the phone’s display asking if you would like to grant the app root access to your system.
- To get the SuperSU installed and enabled, you must have a custom recovery image installed on the Huawei Honor 8 smartphone . After that, you follow the steps mentioned below.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- You should follow this guide in its entirety and download the SuperSU package on the computer before transferring it over to the mobile device because it is the safest way of installing the file.
HOW TO ROOT HUAWEI HONOR 8 SMARTPHONES RUNNING ON ANDROID 6.0 MARSHMALLOW SOFTWARE UPDATES BY FLASHING SUPERSU
- If you are using Windows, download the SuperSU  program on your PC and then open your Downloads folder to find it.
- Next, connect the Huawei Honor 8 smartphone to your computer with the same USB cable that you use for charging your phone’s battery.
- Copy the SuperSU zip file to the internal storage SD card folder.
- Unplug the Huawei Honor 8 phone from the computer and then boot it up to Recovery Mode  by using the same hardware key combination that you would use for the stock Recovery Mode.
- Tap on the Install option from the Recovery menu and then browse the SD card. Select the SuperSU zip file to install.
- Follow the on-screen guide to flash the SuperSU and then choose the “Reboot” and “System” options from the menu after it is done to boot your Honor 8 handset then back into normal mode.
So there you go! That is how to root the Huawei Honor 8 devices running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates by flashing the SuperSU package. As soon as the device reboots into normal mode, you can see the SuperSU installed as an app from the app drawer . You can open it up if you want but nothing inside the SuperSU app needs altering in any way since it has already been enabled.
You just need to find the root apps that you want to install. Make sure to grant these apps rooting permissions whenever the SuperSU program gives you the pop-up message asking for confirmation. By default, the SuperSU blocks root access to everything and only allows the rooting permissions to the apps that you confirm. It does not make your system any more vulnerable to malware than it would be if you were to allow an exception from the anti-virus on your computer for a particular app to run on your system.