The CF-Auto-Root tool is developed by Chainfire to be an alternate method of gaining rooting privileges over the operating system that doesn’t require you to have a custom recovery installed before you flash it. It ends up giving you the same SuperSU program that you flash from a custom recovery image that allows you to install the same amount of apps.
Here is everything you need to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928L smartphones running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- You need to have a computer that is running on a version of the Windows operating system to be able to flash the CF-Auto-Root tool from the Odin flashing tool.
- You need to have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone that comes with the SM-G928L model number to use this guide or else you will brick the device.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Install the Samsung USB Drivers  on the computer before trying to connect the smartphone and flash the rooting file.
- Unlock the Developer Options menu  on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ if you haven’t already and then enable the USB Debugging Mode  from the menu so you can make changes to the Android software.
- Chainfire lets it be known that he had the MMB29K.G928LKLU2BPH3 firmware build number running on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928L smartphone when he developed the version of the rooting tool that is available to download in this guide. By giving you that information, he is not suggesting you need to be running on the same that he had. It is just there to be used as an indicator.
HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE+ SM-G928L RUNNING ANDROID 6.0.1 MARSHMALLOW SOFTWARE UPDATES WITH CF-AUTO-ROOT
- Download the CF-Auto-Root  tool for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928L phone running on the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow updates.
- Open up the Downloads folder on the PC and then extract the rooting file to the Downloads folder.
- Run the Odin flashing tool that is available from the Downloads folder.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928L smartphone into Download Mode  and then connect the phone to the computer with its USB cable.
- Check that Odin shows you a color from the ID: COM port so you know the Samsung USB Drivers you installed earlier are working.
- Do not make any changes from the default settings within Odin.
- Click on the AP button and then browse through to the Downloads folder and click on the MD5 rooting file to have it uploaded to the Odin application.
- Click on the Start button and then check the information rolling down the display of the phone which is programmed to let you know what is going on and what you can expect over the next few minutes.
- Wait until Odin shows a pass message from its user interface before unplugging from the computer.
In conclusion, that is how to root Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928L smartphones running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software updates. The guide uses the CF-Auto-Root tool, and it is already enabled on the device now and ready to issue the rooting commands to the apps that require them to run.