Laplink PC Lock is an encryption software:
PC Lock secures your privacy with powerful and sophisticated encryption that automatically protects personal and sensitive data, keeping you safe from hackers and thieves. If files on your PC are not encrypted you are risking identity theft, privacy invasion and significant financial loss.
PC Lock offers powerful and sophisticated encryption that automatically protects personal and sensitive data, keeping you safe from hackers and thieves. Don’t let others spy on you or access your private information.
Over 1,700 laptops are stolen every day and someone’s identity is stolen every 2 seconds! If files on your PC are not encrypted you are risking identity theft, privacy invasion and significant financial loss. Keep your data and identity safe with PC Lock.
Key Features of PC Lock
- High Security Encryption
- Protects your sensitive documents with military-grade 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption.
- Cloud Protection & Remote Management
- Reset your password or securely delete your data from web-based management tool for an extra layer of protection.
- Easy to Install & Use
- Simple wizard walks you through installation and configuration. Your files are encrypted as soon as PC Lock is installed!
- Automatic & “Invisible” Encryption
- Encrypts files automatically in the background without slowing down your PC. Selectivity options allow you to control what is encrypted.
- Compatible with Other Security Software
- Provides an extra layer of protection and complements your current PC security software.
- Instant PC Protection
- If your PC is lost or stolen, PC Lock prevents unauthorized access to your files even if your stolen computer is never again connected to the Internet.
Laplink is running a 24-hour promotion (I am not sure exactly when it will end) giving away PC Lock for FREE! They don’t specifically state this, but I believe this promotion is for a 12-month license only. After 12-months you may or may not be able to use PC Lock without paying (I don’t know).
Editor’s note: Please note that after this free 12-months license ends, your files will be locked and encrypted until you pay for another year’s worth of subscription. The only way to ensure your files are unencrypted when the free 12-months end is to uninstall PC Lock before your subscription ends. I suggest users skip out on this program and give freeware tools, like Truecrypt , a try instead.
PC Lock giveaway page: http://www.laplink.com/productcode/default.asp?productcode=2FF30R06KN5S 
Promotion details: http://www.laplink.com/pclocklaunch 
PC Lock product page: http://www.laplink.com/pclock/