- dotTech - http://dottech.org -
Apple updates iMac with Haswell processors, faster wireless and new GPUs
Posted By Enrique Manalang On September 25, 2013 @ 8:25 AM In Mac OS X | 1 Comment
Apple has quietly updated its iMac desktop computers with refreshed components designed to improve performance. The new models feature Intel’s 4th-generation Haswell processors with integrated Iris Pro graphics for the 21.5-inch model, and the latest NVIDIA GeForce 700 series graphics cards for the 27-inch model.
Flash storage on the iMac will also be getting a speed bump with the introduction of PCIe support for both Apple’s fusion drive and all-flash storage options. The newest WiFi standard, 802.11ac, will also now be supported by the new iMacs.
Similar to Apple’s previous product refreshes, the new iMacs retain their old price points:
- $1299: 2.7 GHz quad-core i5 and Intel Iris Pro graphics
- $1499: 2.9 GHz quad-core Intel i5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 1 GB video memory
- $1799: 3.2 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M with 1 GB video memory
- $1999: 3.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M with 2 GB video memory
If you were thinking about getting an iMac before or holding out for an update, now is probably the best time.
Article printed from dotTech: http://dottech.org
URL to article: http://dottech.org/129265/apple-updates-imac-haswell-processors-faster-wireless-new-gpus/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/imac.jpg
© 2008-2012 dotTech.org | All content is the property of its rightful owner.