If you’ve already rooted your Samsung Galaxy Core using our handy guide, and are now looking at installing a custom recovery on your phone, here’s a step-by step guide which will walk you through the process of installing CWM Recovery on your rooted smartphone
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful how to. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Rooting and flashing a custom recovery may void your warranty. Proceed further at your own risk.
This Custom Recovery Installation guide is for the Samsung Galaxy core, model numbers GT-I8260 and GT-I8262 . Do not try this guide for any other model numbers. You can confirm the model number by going to Settings > About Device on your phone or by checking the packaging box.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
Download the following files
- Samsung USB Drivers - Download and install on PC
- ODIN - Download and extract the zip to your desktop
- CWM Recovery Tar File - Download to your PC
How To Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Core
- First of all, download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC
- Next download the CWM Recovery tar file for your device from above, and save it on your desktop
- Download Odin and extract the zip to your desktop too
- Power off your tablet
- On your PC, launch ODIN as administrator
- Now power on your tablet while pressing the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time. At the warning screen, press Vol Up to enter Download Mode
- Now plug in your device to the PC. You should see an Added! message in the Odin window
- Click the PDA or AP button in ODIN and load the CWM-188.8.131.52-arubaslim.tar file that you downloaded to your desktop
- In ODIN, uncheck the Auto Reboot box. This is because the OS will re-flash the stock recovery upon reboot. Leave everything else as it is
- Click the Start button in Odin to start flashing the recovery
- Once done, you should see a PASS message at the top-left in Odin.
- Disconnect the tablet and reboot to CWM. You can do this by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together
That’s it. You now have Clockworkmod Recovery installed on your rooted Galaxy Core smartphone, and are all set to explore custom ROMs and mods for your device.