- dotTech - http://dottech.org -
TeamViewer’s new v7 brings new features, performance improvements
Posted By Ashraf On November 20, 2011 @ 7:00 PM In Software Updates,Tips 'n Tricks | 6 Comments
Are you a TeamViewer  fan? Me and you both, brotha’ (or sista’). If you are a TeamViewer user, you will be glad to hear TeamViewer has announced TeamViewer 7 [for Windows — Mac and Linux versions are expected in 2012] which brings with it new features and all-around performance improvements.
Exactly what features and improvements are we talking about? The following:
- Ability to transfer files by dragging + dropping into/out of the remote connection window.
- Better multi-monitor support. If both you and the person you are connected with are using multiple monitors, TeamViewer will now project one screen per monitor. For example, you have two monitors and the other person has two monitors. On your first monitor you can see the contents of your connection’s first monitor while your second monitor will show the contents of your connection’s second monitor.
- Save customized settings (such as resolution) per connection.
- An integrated screenshot feature, allowing users to easily take screenshots of the other person’s screen.
- Ability to convert recorded sessions to AVI video format.
- Customize the position of the TeamViewer panel that used to appear only in the bottom-right corner.
- General performance improvements, such as speed increases for direct connections, file transfers, and TeamViewer Manager.
Meetings and Presentations
- Meeting can now be quickly started with a click of a button.
- Users can start meetings prior to having any attendants, allowing better preparation and testing before actual participants join.
- Meetings can be scheduled, with the invitations being sent out via e-mail.
- Up to 25 participants can take part in meetings.
- Mobile apps for Android/iPhone (and iPad when it becomes available) can now take part in meetings, in addition to the remote control sessions that was previously available.
- Participants in meetings can be assigned a role (presenter, organizer, or participant) which then gives them expanded access to relevant functionality to help support/run/view the meeting.
- All participants in a meeting can communicate with each via video, VoIP calls, chat, and/or traditional phone calls (which cost money per minute).
- New “whiteboard” feature allows for easy on-screen annotations.
- A new “File Box” allows easy sharing of files between meeting participants. (Supports drag + drop.)
- Presentations can be recorded and converted to AVI video format.
- TeamViewer panel is now moveable.
Not a bad list of changes, if I do say so myself. Especially interesting is the new multi-monitor support, the ability to drag + drop files to share, and the vastly improved meeting/presentation features. The downside of these new features is the fact that TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, and 6 cannot establish remote connections to people using TeamViewer 7 (because of technical reasons). TeamViewer 7 users, however, can establish connections to TeamViewer 3, 4, 5, and 6 users.
TeamViewer 7 for Windows is currently in beta with final version expected to be released in December 2011. Mac and Linux versions are expected in “first quarter of 2012″. You can grab TeamViewer 7 from the links below. When using it just keep in mind it is in beta so there may be some bugs which hopefully will be resolved when the final release comes out.
Version: v7.0.11884 Beta
Supported OS: TeamViewer is available on multiple platforms but v7 Beta is for Windows only at this time
Download size: 3.8 MB
Price: TeamViewer is free for personal-use only
Article printed from dotTech: http://dottech.org
URL to article: http://dottech.org/24532/teamviewers-new-v7-brings-new-features-performance-improvements/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/teamviewer7.png
 TeamViewer: http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/16583/teamviewer-see-that-screen-from-across-the-world/
 Image: http://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/multi_monitor_support.jpg
 Image: http://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/teamviewer_panel.jpg
 Image: http://dottech.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tv7_panel_en.jpg
 TeamViewer 7 homepage: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/currentversion.aspx?pid=news.en_tv7_beta
 direct download TeamViewer 7 Beta: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/version_7x/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe
© 2008-2012 dotTech.org | All content is the property of its rightful owner.