Have an LG Optimus 3D P920 that you’ve been wanting to root? This guide will help you! Follow the instructions below and before you know it, your LG Optimus 3D P920 will be rooted in no time at all.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for LG Optimus 3D running either Android 2.2 Froyo, Android 2.3 Gingerbread or Android 4.04 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is specifically for the P920.
Before We Begin
- Be sure that your LG Optimus 3D is at least 80% charged. Fully charged is preferable.
- For this root to work properly, USB Debugging has got to be enabled on your phone. To enable USB Debugging do the following:
- If you are on Froyo or Gingerbread, go to Settings, then Applications, then Development. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
- If you are on Ice Cream Sandwich, go to System settings, then Developer Options, and finally Debugging. Check the box next to USB Debugging.
- Download and install LG USB drivers for Windows , if you don’t already have them.
- You’ll need to download the root package  to your computer and extract the contents.
How To Root LG Optimus 3D P920
- Plug your LG Optimus 3D into your computer with USB cord.
- Find and run the run.bat file where you extracted the root package.
- This root is an automated process so once you run the file, just be please be patient. Make sure that you are carefully reading the command prompt on your computer and paying attention to anything that it prompts you to do.
- Your device should reboot automatically once rooting has finished.
- As soon as your LG Optimus 3D has finished rebooting, open up the Google Play Store and install BusyBox .
- Once BusyBox is installed, open it and the app will prompt you to grant it superuser access.
- Give BusyBox superuser privileges.
- After BusyBox is given superuser access, you’ve successfully rooted your LG Optimus 3D P920.
Enjoy a rooted LG Optimus 3D P920.
[via xda-developers ]