Have a Samsung Rubgy Smart I847 that you’re looking to root? This guide will help you! Follow the instructions below and before you know it, your device will be rooted and ready for the installation of custom ROMs and even some mods!
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
This root guide is for the Samsung Rugby Smart I847 running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. is specifically for the Rugby Smart I847.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
- You’ll need to download the Update.zip  file to your computer.
- Transfer Update.zip from your computer into the SD card or internal storage of your phone.
- Download and install ADB and Fastboot  on your computer, if you haven’t already.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers  on your computer, if you haven’t already.
- You’ll need to enable USB debugging on your phone. Do this by heading to Settings, then Applications, then Development, then finally check USB debugging.
How To Root Samsung Rugby Smart I847
- Connect your phone to your computer using USB cable.
- Open a command prompt window on your computer (you can open command prompt by pressing Win + R, typing cmd, and clicking Run).
- Enter adb reboot recovery into the command window on your PC.
- You phone will now reboot into recovery. Wait while it does that.
- Once it has rebooted into recovery, on your phone select apply update from sdcard, using Volume up/Volume down to navigate and Power to select
- Now select the Update.zip file you placed on your phone earlier.
- Wait while it works.
- When it is done, reboot back into Android.
Enjoy a rooted Samsung Rugby Smart I847.
[via androidforums ]