Motorola’s Moto G is currently one of the most trending phones in the market with a price tag that has attracted praise from all rounds of users. Due to its aggressive pricing and a decent hardware setup, it has turned to be one of the leaders in the “budget smartphone” market. ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is a custom recovery for Android devices that will give you access to a wide range of features that the stock recovery didn’t have.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Flashing custom recovery may void your warranty.
This guide will help you to install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery on your Motorola Moto G running on Jelly Bean (this may also work good for KitKat). Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
Get ready with the following before starting off with this guide:
- Download the recovery file (CWM6046-MotoG44.img ) to some location on your computer (say, c:\motorola).
Install Fastboot and ADB  on your computer, if you haven’t already done so.
- Download and install the Motorola Device Manager  to make sure that you have installed all the required drivers for your device.
How To Install CWM recovery on Moto G
- Turn off your Moto G.
- Boot your phone into the Fastboot mode by keeping the Volume down and Power buttons pressed until the screen responds.
- Connect your Moto G to your computer via a USB cable.
- Open a command prompt in your computer (Press the Windows key + R, then type “cmd” and press Enter).
- Change the working directory to the location where you had previously downloaded the recovery file (using the command, “cd c:\motorola”).
- Enter the following command in the command window:
fastboot flash recovery CWM6046-MotoG44.img
- Congrats! CWM recovery has now been successfully flashed to your Moto G!
Enjoy the all-new CWM recovery on your Moto G! Now it’s time to get your phone see some action!
[via XDA ]