Have a Huawei Honor 3C that you want to get a little more out of? This guide will teach you exactly how you can root your device! In no time at all you’ll have root access on your Huawei Honor 3C, which will open the door to endless possibilities.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. dotTech and its writers are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty. Proceed at your own risk.
This root guide is for the Huawei Honor 3C running Android 4.2.2. Jelly Bean. It is specifically for the Huawei Honor 3C.
Take note this will wipe all your files and data on your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Before We Begin
- You’ll need a micro USB cable.
- Before we get started a few files need to be downloaded and installed on your Windows PC.
- Download and install Huawei USB drivers  to your Windows PC.
- Download the latest version of the VRoot tool  to your Windows PC and install it.
NOTE: Some anti-virus programs may state that VRoot is malware. This is because of the exploit used to deliver the root to your device. This is known as a false positive. However, proceed at your own risk.
How To Root Device
- Make your way to the Settings area of your Honor 3C. Once there go to About Device and find the build number for your Honor 3C.
- After finding and going to the About Device section of Settings, look for the build number and tap it till a tiny pop-up shows on your screen saying ‘you are now a developer’.
- Go back to the Settings area and look for Developer. Once you find it, go to the Developer section and activate USB debugging option.
- Connect your Honor 3C to your Windows PC using your micro USB cable.
- Find and open the VRoot program. The VRoot program will automatically find your Honor 3C.
- In the VRoot program, press the green button. This will start the rooting process. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE.
- After a few minutes pass, the VRoot program will display the success message. This means that the rooting has been completed.
- Restart your phone.
- Once your Honor 3C has finished reboot and is back into Android, root is ready to be used on your device! Congrats!
Enjoy a rooted Huawei Honor 3C.
[via huaweinews ]