Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
This procedure requires a Windows PC.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Download Framaroot-1.9.3.apk, or the latest version available. Download link can be found within the linked post.
HOW TO ROOT THE SONY XPERIA C
To root the Sony Xperia C, follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy over the ‘Framaroot-1.9.3.apk’ that you downloaded in the previous section to your device’s root folder.
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ on your device by heading over to Settings, Security then checking ‘Unknown Sources’.
- Using a file manager on your device, navigate to the Framaroot-1.9.3.apk and install it.
- Once installed, open the ‘Framaroot’ app via the App Drawer.
- From the menu that appears, choose ‘SuperSU’, then ‘Boromir’ as your rooting method.
- Reboot your device.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!
To verify that you’ve successfully rooted the Sony Xperia C, you can download Root Checker from the Play Store to verify it. Enjoy your rooted Sony Xperia C!