Finding a lost or misplaced Android phone can be quite tricky especially when it’s set on silent mode. Not only will it make you feel worried or anxious, it could also pose a threat to your privacy and personal information. After all, there’s no guarantee that your precious phone won’t fall into the wrong hands. To prevent such things from happening, you need to act fast.
One of the best ways to find a lost or misplaced Android phone or tablet is to use a device tracker app. In this post, you will be able to learn how to easily find a missing phone or tablet that is on silent mode. There’s also no need for you to do any complex tasks. All you need to do is to whistle.
Just refer to the following steps to find out how.
How to find a lost or missing Android phone or tablet
- On your Android device, go to the Play Store then download and install the app called “Whistle Me”.
- Once installed on your device, open the app and then make sure that it is enabled when the screen is turned off.
- Configure the app’s whistle sound detection level. Just move the sensitivity bar from easy to hard or vice versa. If you set the detection level to easy, then the app will respond even to the softest whistle sound that you make. Nevertheless, it would be best for you to set the sound detection level to average.
- Configure the rest of the app’s settings such as the number of whistles, notification mode, notification sound, ring time, vibration, start on boot, force volume to max, etc. Just don’t forget to check the box for “Play in silent mode”.
- After you’re finished, press the home button to go back to your device home screen.
- To test the app, simply turn off your phone or tablet’s screen then whistle. If you don’t know how to whistle, you can just play a pre-recorded whistle sound.
- After whistling, your device will ring and at the same time, it will show an animated Android robot. To turn off the notification sound, simply touch the screen of your device and that’s it. You’re done.