Do you wish to preconfigure the brightness and contrast of your Android screen? It’s a great option especially when you’re too tired (or too lazy) to manually adjust your Android screen brightness just before you sleep. If your answer is yes, then here’s a simple tip on how to automatically dim your Android screen.
The Steps – How to automatically dim Android screen below minimum or standard brightness settings
- On your Android device, go to the Play Store then search for an app called “filtxr”.
- Download and install the app on your device. It’s free. (Note: The app will only work if your device is running on Android 4.0 and up.)
- Once installed, launch the app from your app drawer.
- As you can see on its main menu, the app offers four different modes – comfortable, pure, eye care and night vision. Speaking of which, each mode is intended for a particular setting or environment. The “comfortable” mode is meant for reading while the “pure” mode dims your screen in pure black. The “eye care” mode reduces harm of blue light to your eyes while the “night vision” mode helps you get a better sleep. Just choose the mode that best suits you.
- Once you’ve chosen your preferred mode, simply toggle the “On/Off” button to activate the app. Once activated, it will run silently in the background.
- You can also adjust or change the app’s mode by simply changing its settings on your navigation bar.
- Alternatively, you can set a specific time interval for the app. By setting the time interval, you can automatically enable the app during the time that you’re about to sleep or when you’re about to read a good book or novel, etc.
- To set the app’s time interval, just press the time button on the upper-right corner of its UI.
That’s it. You’re done.