Disclaimer: This guide is intended as a helpful “how to”. Ashraf and dotTech are not responsible for any gain or loss (including but not limited to bricked devices) incurred as a result of following this guide. Root your device at your own risk. Rooting may void your warranty.
- Don’t forget that rooting your device will void your warranty.
- This procedure will only work with Windows PCs.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure your device has sufficient battery life before beginning the procedure.
- Download the necessary LG drivers from the official site.
- Download ‘Root Package‘ and save it on your PC’s desktop.
HOW TO ROOT THE LG OPTIMUS ZONE
To root the LG Optimus Zone, follow the steps below:
- Make sure ‘USB debugging’ is enabled on your device. This can be found in Settings, Applications, then Development.
- Extract the files from ‘Root Package’ on your PC’s desktop.
- Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch the ‘SuperOneClick’ .exe.
- Open the exploit menu, then select ‘rageagainstthecage’.
- Select Root to begin the rooting process.
- Reboot your device.
- Install ‘Superuser‘ from the Google Play Store.
- Your device has successfully been rooted, congrats!