In Reddit, you can talk about anything. You can ask for ideas, suggestions and even practical day-to-day advices. It’s also a place wherein you’re free to talk about various things that sparks your interest. You’re even free to share your comments on random photos and videos including those that were originally posted on YouTube and other media sharing sites.
If you’re an avid Reddit user, you might want to consider replacing YouTube’s default comments with Reddit threads. If you don’t know how, simply follow the steps listed below.
How to replace YouTube comments with Reddit comments in Chrome
- On your Chrome web browser, go to the Web Store then search for a free browser extension called “AlienTube for YouTube” by alientube.co.
- Download and install the said extension to your web browser.
- Once installed, type chrome://extensions on your browser’s address bar then press “Enter”. This will take you to Chrome’s extensions page.
- On your browser’s extensions page, look for the AlienTube for YouTube extension then click “Options”. The extension will then open its settings page in a new tab. All you need to do is to configure the said extension according to your liking. Click “Save” once you’re done.
- Now, go to YouTube (youtube.com) and search for any video that you want to watch (ex. Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer).
- As you can notice, the default YouTube comments has been automatically replaced with Reddit comments. When viewing Reddit comments, you can select your desired subreddit to view any related comments.
- If you want to switch back to YouTube’s default comments, simply click the “G+ comments” icon on the upper-right side of the comments section.
So that’s it. You’re done.
With the help of AlienTube for YouTube, you can effortlessly integrate Reddit with YouTube. No need to open a separate tab or browser window.