Whether you’re using SnapChat or not, you can still send self-destructing photos to your friends on Facebook. As a matter of fact, it is quite easy to do. You can even set the viewing time interval as well as the viewing period for your self-destructing photo. If you are interested to learn how, just feel free to read on.
How to send self-destructing photos in Facebook
- On your Android smartphone or tablet, go to Play Store then search for a free app called “Phantom”.
- Download  and install the said app on your device.
- After installing the app, launch it from your home screen or app drawer.
- By default, the app will automatically open its camera so that you can automatically take a photo. Nevertheless, you are free to choose an existing photo from your device gallery or local storage.
- Select the photo that you want to send and then do not forget to set its maximum viewing time, maximum number of viewers and maximum viewing period. For example, you can create a self-destructing photo that can only be viewed for 2 seconds within a viewing period of 7 days. So after 7 days, the photo will be automatically deleted even if left unviewed. It is also up to you if you want to add text to your photo or image. Once you’re done, press “Next”.
- The app will automatically generate a concealed version of your original photo together with a quick share link. So, all you need to do is to copy the link then share it to your friends on Facebook.
- If any of your friends attempt to click and open the link, they will only see the concealed version of your photo. If they want to view the actual photo, they must first download and install the Phantom app.
- After which, just open the concealed photo using Phantom then touch your screen.
- So that’s it. The photo will expire according to its maximum viewing time so you need to be quick. You can’t also copy the image as well as take a screenshot of your screen.
So if you are looking for a good SnapChat alternative, try using this app. It’s simple to use yet, very interesting. You can also use it to share self-destructing photos to other sites and platforms (ex. Twitter, Gmail, WhatsApp, etc.).