Android 5.0 Lollipop definitely has a lot to offer. Aside from the fact that it can be configured to customize and manage notifications, you also get a built-in option that lets you view your notifications directly on your phone or tablet lock screen. The thing is you might want to keep your sensitive notifications hidden from prying folks.
Come to think of it, somebody else might read the notifications on your lock screen. It could be done intentionally or unintentionally. So to prevent any unwanted events, it would be best to hide any sensitive or private information from appearing on your lock screen.
Just skip past the break to learn how to do so.
How to hide sensitive information from the lock screen in Android Lollipop
- On your Android 5.0 Lollipop device, go to “Settings”.
- After which, you need to enable a security PIN, password or pattern for your lock screen. Just go to “Security” then “Screen Lock” to do so.
- You will then be asked whether to show all notification content or to hide your sensitive notification content. Just choose the latter then select “Done” to confirm.
- Moving on, your device will basically filter your notifications and hide the sensitive content from being shown on your lock screen. For example, the messages that you receive on FB Messenger will be hidden so all you’ll see is the title of the app. Anyways, you can easily recognize those notifications with hidden content in just a single glance.
- If you want to update the way how your notifications are being shown on your lock screen, just go to your device settings again then choose “Sound and notification”.
- Next, select “When device is locked”. From there, just change the setting from “Hide sensitive notification content” to “Show all notification content” or “Don’t show notifications at all”. It’s totally up to you.