There are times when you get interrupted while reading a post or article. At times like these, it would be best to bookmark and save the post. The problem is you can’t always be sure that you can remember where you left off.
To keep yourself from forgetting, you can opt to mark the article that you’re reading. So once you resume reading, you can immediately continue from where you left off.
How to save and mark articles to read later in Chrome
- For this particular method, you’ll need to download and install a browser extension for Chrome. The extension is called “Markticle” and you can get it from the Chrome Web Store.
- Once installed, the extension will add a shortcut button to your browser’s omnibar. Click the icon for Markticle.
- On the overlay window, you can sign in or sign up for a new account.
- Moving on, just open a new tab then load the page or article that you want to read.
- Now, go ahead and highlight or select the text that you want to mark. The highlighted text will serve as a marker for the post that you’re reading.
- Next, press “M” on your keyboard. Markticle will then ask you to add some tags or notes to your marked article. Click “Add” to save your article.
- After which, you can just close the tab for the article that you’re reading so that you can do other important tasks.
- When you’re free and ready to continue from where you left off, just click the Markticle button on your browser. Select the article that you wish to finish reading. Click on it to open in a new tab or window.
- Wait for the article to fully load and scroll down the page until you see the highlighted text.
- That’s it. You can start reading from the point where you stopped. It is way better and faster than reading the entire post or article all over again.
- To remove your mark, just double-click the highlighted text.