Most Android users prefer to download apps from the Play Store. Simply put, the Play Store is a place where you can find, download and install legit apps. Now, what if you have an Android device that supports a different app market? How do you manually install the Play Store app in your phone or tablet?
If you are already familiar with sideloading apps, then all you need to do is to follow the steps listed in this post.
How to manually install the Play Store app in Android
First and foremost, there are two methods to install the Play Store app in your Android phone or tablet. Both methods would require you to get the Play Store APK.
Method One – Direct Sideload
- Copy and open this link using your phone or tablet’s mobile browser. The link will redirect you to the Google Play Store APK thread in XDA Developers. Download a Google Play Store APK version (preferably the latest version) from the attached files. Save the APK file to your device.
- Next, go to your device settings. Under settings, go to “Personal” > “Security” > “Device Administrators”.
- Under “Device Administrators”, check the box next to “Unknown sources”.
- Now, go ahead and open the Play Store APK file that you’ve downloaded.
- Press “Verify and install” to proceed with the installation.
- Select “Install” to confirm.
- That’s it. The Google Play Store app will also download the Google Services Framework so after the download is complete, you can finally log in to Play Store using your Google account. You may then browse for apps just like the way that you do on your device with a built-in Play Store app.
Method Two – Sideload from PC to Android
- Copy and open this link on your web browser. The link will redirect you to the Google Play Store APK thread in XDA Developers. Download a Play Store APK version (preferably the latest version) from the attached files. Save the APK file to your computer.
- Check or scan the file for malware or viruses. Once you’ve confirmed that it’s safe to install, simply repeat Step Two to Step Three from the method above then connect your Android device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Transfer the APK file to your Android device and then install it. The Play Store app will also install the Google Services Framework. Once installed, you can log in to the app using your Google account.
It’s that simple.