In Chrome, the bookmarks bar is located at the top of your browser page and right below the address bar. It is like a quick access menu for all of your favorite sites. You can either hide or show it. You can also customize it by only showing the page icons so that you can save more space.
Now, what if you don’t like to see the bookmarks bar on your browser? In that case, you can still access the sites that you’ve placed on it by turning it into a popup menu. Just read the steps listed below to learn how.
How to display the bookmarks bar as a popup menu in Chrome
- Open Chrome and then go to the Web Store. Search, download  and install the “Bookmarks Bar” browser extension.
- After installing the extension, it will add an icon right next to your browser’s address bar. The icon is a yellow star which is pretty similar to your browser’s default bookmarks icon.
- So what’s next? Just click on the icon to display the sites that you’ve added to your bookmarks bar as a popup menu.
- Scroll up and down to view all of the sites and web pages. Click on any of the site links to go their respective pages.
- That’s it. With the Bookmarks Bar extension for Chrome, you can permanently hide the bookmarks bar so that it longer appears right below your browser’s address bar.
- To hide the bookmarks bar, you just need to press “Ctrl + B” on your keyboard.
It’s that simple.
Alternatively, you can also opt to look for better browser bookmarks alternatives. You can try Popup My Bookmarks, Neat Bookmarks and Simple Bookmarks . They’re all available at the Chrome Web Store. So don’t forget to check them out.