The official Team Win TWRP custom recovery is up for grabs for most LG G3 smartphones. It’s available across several phone carrier networks in the United States and there’s also an International model number. If you own the International variant you should apply the following steps to equip your handset with the custom recovery image. Only then are you able to flash custom ROMs, take a Nandroid backup of the current ROM, install custom firmware and perform several other tasks thanks to the new bootable partition.
The official TWRP system represents the Touch Wiz version of the popular ClockworkMod recovery (CWM). Some people prefer one while others prefer the other. Often you go with whatever is readily available and easier to install.
The following is only available for the international model .if you own the edition available from Verizon, Sprint, AT&T and others, you must sought after the specific guide. You’ll find the others here on our website or by performing a stock Google search.
BEFORE WE BEGIN
- Make sure you backup the data on the ROM. Make copies of the settings, passwords, applications, pictures, video and music. You can store the apps by navigating your way to Apps > Settings > Personal > Backup and Reset and selecting the “backup my data” box on the display.
- Backup the phone contacts by using your preferred method. The helium app for Android is great for contacts. It’s a third-party application available from Google Play.
- You must enable USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options menu to connect the phone to the computer. That’s a must since we are using Android SDK with ADB and fastboot.
- Disable any antivirus and anti malware programs that are running on the Windows computer. Furthermore, disable the security apps from the phone.
- Installing a custom recovery image is an unofficial operation which is not permitted by Google or LG. That means the warranty is immediately void after applying the image below.
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON THE INTERNATIONAL LG G3
- Download and install Android ADB with fastboot  on your Windows computer.
- Download the official TWRP recovery file for the International phone here .
- Use the desktop of the PC for downloading the file.
- Connect the G3 to the computer using the USB cable.
- Transfer the file to the phones internal SD card.
- Keep the device plugged into the computer and open the ADB folder.
- Right-click the mouse on the blank white space and hold down the Shift key.
- Open the command line from the options on the screen.
- Type in the following commands in order and press the enter button after each command:
– “adb devices.”
– “adb shell.”
– “dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery.”
– “dd if=/sdcard/twrp-220.127.116.11_d850-signed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery.”
(take the period out of the command when you are typing them in the command prompt windows. They are present for English purposes only.
That’s it! Your smartphone has the TWRP recovery image fully installed. Now all you need to do is learn how to enter the recovery mode  to use the menus.